Longlevens Rugby are absolutely delighted to be nominated for the Corporate Social Responsibility Award at the Gloucestershire Business Awards
The nomination is due to the hard work of the club to become genuinely inclusive and representative of all Gloucestershire people.
This is to highlight the incredible work that has taken place within a genuine CSR partnership between Dee & Griffin Solicitors and SME sports organisations Longlevens Rugby Club and charitable partner Chamwell Centre. This nomination hopes to illustrate that the CSR went beyond a simplistic SLA agreement common between established charities and businesses– but instead illustrates a relationship that allowed organisations to evolve together, achieve mutually beneficial goals, and deliver significant social change within their local footprint.
- Successful Senior Mixed Ability Rugby (MAR) Team for the mentally and physically disabled and those perceived as not good enough. Now features over 40 members
- The Senior MAR team invited to compete at the MAR world cup in Cork, Ireland
- Delivering MAR to special education needs children to 4 different SEN schools across Gloucestershire
- Witnessing the first graduates from the SEN school sessions to the senior MAR playing time
- Supporting the whole playing membership with club wide professional medical support and concussion screening
The main awards ceremony takes place on Wednesday 15th September 2021 at Cheltenham Racecourse
See the official press release here: All the finalists of the Gloucestershire Business Awards 2021